Thursday, October 18, 2012

Since our anniversery is in 3 days...

... I thought it would be fun for a couples survey!  I answered these questions and sent it to Mike in an email to fill out and he sent it back... we didn't see each other's answers before... 

<3>

What would you be happy doing for hours on end?
Bran:  Watching Desperate Housewives together
Mike:  Hanging with Bran and Avery

What is one thing you always disagree on as a couple?
Bran:  Who is right
Mike:  What is funny

What is one thing you always agree on?
Bran:  We have the coolest kid alive!
Mike:  Cookies after dinner

What is your favorite olympic event?
Bran:  Gymnastics
Mike:  Swimming

If you had the money to buy your significant other any one thing right now what would you buy them?
Bran:  The Osmosis Illusion 
Mike:  A house or a big vacation

Would you rather be blind or deaf?
Bran:  Deaf
Mike:  Deaf

What is one thing you admire about your mother (or mother figure)?
Bran:  She is the hardest working woman I know!
Mike:  She does Christmas big!

What food do you HATE?
Bran:  Ketchup!  Yuck.
Mike:  I don't hate any, but don't care much for seafood.

Who is your favorite superhero?
Bran:  Wonder woman
Mike:  the Atom

What value or principle, if any, are you a true advocate for?
Bran:  Anti-abortion!
Mike:  Jesus

What will your firstborn daughters name be? (or what would your next daughter's name be?)
Bran:  Our firstborn is Avery Claire.... IF we have another... probably Piper Brynn
Mike:  first was Avery, next - if it happens - will be Piper

What is your biggest hopping pet peeve?
Bran:  Oh I have lots... probably Mike not throwing trash away and leaving it laying around.
Mike:  People who answer questions with indirect statements.

If you could have any single superpower what would it be and why?
Bran:  Flying
Mike:  the same as the Atom

If you got a life supply subscription to any magazine, what magazine would you choose?
Bran:  Cosmo
Mike:  MAGIC magazine

What was your favorite subject in elementary school? (lunch and recess don't count)
Bran:  Math
Mike:  Gym

You just scored $5. What do you spend it on?
Bran:  I'd save it!
Mike:  Avery

What were your thoughts when you first met your other half?
Bran:  I thought he was old, lol!  But very flirty... with AWESOME hair!
Mike:  She's a hottie

If you could punch a company/business in the face, who would you want to punch?
Bran:  Charter
Mike:  The Democratic party

Favorite classic Disney princess?
Bran:  Belle
Mike:  Jasmine

If you could reincarnate into any animal after you die, what animal would you want to be?
Bran:  Dolphin
Mike:  Duh, Puma!

What did you do on your favorite date with one another?
Bran:  Oh my... some of my favorite dates were going to church.
Mike:  Drove to Hana

If you had $1,000,000 and you HAD to spend it, what would you do with it?
Bran:  An amazing vacation around the world.
Mike:  Build an amazing illusion show, and let Bran and Avery spend the rest

What does your dream vacation look like?
Bran:  Fiji... in a hut... in the ocean... aaah!
Mike:  Anywhere with Bran and Avery... but probably Hawaii or Tahiti

Who is your celebrity role model and why?
Bran:  I'm not sure I have a celebrity role model... I respect Tim Tebow for his Christian standpoints...
Mike:  Lance Burton... an amazing performer

If you had 24 hours left to live, what would you do and why?
Bran:  Fly to the beach and just lay on the beach
Mike:  Hang with Bran and Avery, doing the same ole' stuff

What is your most embarrassing moment?
Bran:  I'll just say it involved a hoodie at Mike's house... lol!
Mike:  Freudian slip with the massage therapist next door

What is your favorite television show?
Bran:  I'm a reality junkie-- Survivor, Amazing Race... but I also love Desperate Housewives, How I Met Your Mother, Glee... 
Mike:  Southpark

What is your guilty pleasure?
Bran:  America's Next Top Model
Mike:  Fried foods

When did you first know you were going to marry your spouse?
Bran:  Almost immediatly!
Mike:  After our first date

What is your fondest memory as a child?
Bran:  Vacations to the beach
Mike:  My childhood was great.  But probably getting our first nintendo.

Your house is on fire. What five items do you grab before you leave?
Bran:  Avery, my 2 hard drives with photos on them, Avery's guy, and my camera
Mike:  Brandi, Avery, Subtle, Satchel, and Bran's camera

If you could be/had to be the main character of any movie, who would you be?
Bran:  I have no idea...Mike:  Harry PotterWhat physical feature do you love most about yourself?
Bran:  Love?  Nothing.. 
Mike:  Ears.  Or toes.

Tell us why your name is your name. 
Bran:  My Dad had "Brandi" chosen before they even got pregnant... and "Michelle" is after my Mom
Mike:  My mother was going to name me Peter Talton, but my grandmother drove to Knoxville and gave them my name as Michael Allen.

What is the greatest place you've ever traveled to?
Bran:  Hawaii
Mike:  Hawaii and Ireland

Are you a morning person or a night person?
Bran:  Night... but the older I get, the quicker I go to bed.
Mike:  Both, I don't sleep much.

Who is someone you wish you were closer to?
Bran:  I wish I lived closed to Anna P.  but I'm pretty close with the people I want to be close to.
Mike:  Jesus

What quality do you have that you hope your kids inherit?
Bran:  Creativity
Mike:  Ability to entertain

What's your favorite memory with your childhood best friend?
Bran:  I remember many sleep overs staying up all night long, giggling like crazy, taking crazy pictures, and then being dead heads the next day.
Mike:  Making movies with Bryan

If you had to move out of the country where would you move to? 
Bran:  Probably somewhere in Europe... or maybe Italy
Mike:  Ireland

What is something weird your spouse does while asleep? 
Bran:  He is SO LOUD while he sleeps... he is such a mouth breather and snorer
Mike:  Slowly creep into my side of the bed

Which of the 7 deadly sins are you? (angergreedslothpridelustenvy, and gluttony)
Bran:  Sloth- haha
Mike:  Gluttony
What was your favorite hiding place as a kid?
Bran:  I didn't really hide that much..
Mike:  Didn't hide muchWhat music artist do you love that your other half hates listening to?
Bran:  He doesn't like any radio music hardly... or country
Mike:  Dr. Dre
What has your other half recently done that made you love them more?
Bran:  Washed dishes and clean toilets
Mike:  Let me buy a camcorder!  Yay!
What is your favorite hole-in-the-wall place to eat? (or favorite restaurant in general)
Bran:  My favorite place here is Tomy Thai
Mike:  hole in the wall is Skip's!  Avery and I love it!
What do you admire most about your significant other?
Bran:  How much he loves me <3 font="font">
Mike:  her ability to love me.
Ideally, where would you like to be 5 years from now?
Bran:  Thinking about buying a house... still married and in love... and a final decision on another kiddo or not
Mike:  have my own ministry
Who wears the pants?
Bran:  Oh I do for sure!
Mike:  93% of the time Brandi, 5% me, 2% Avery
What is your favorite/go-to YouTube video?
Bran:  Outside of just songs, I love the dancing video of the wedding
Mike:  any with Avery

What is something you're scared of?
Bran:  Being alone... and my house catching on fire... (aside from something happening to Mike or Avery)
Mike:  the dark
What is a household chore you HATE doing?
Bran:  Washing dishes and putting folded clothes away.
Mike:  all of themWhat is something you feel guilty about or wish you had done better this week?
Bran:  I'm trying really hard to show affection more... that is my downside... that and submission... I always wish I did better on that...
Mike:  procrastinating the dishes
Who is your celebrity girl crush? (Yes both of you say what girl celebrity you're crushing on)
Bran:  I'm not a huge "crush" person.... I know Mike will say Scarlett Jo Hansen... I do think Malcolm on Survivor is a cutie
Mike:  Mila Kunis
Future son's name?
Bran:  Oh heavens, we've never agreed on a name... I like Jude... or John....
Mike:  Julian
How did you two meet? (Tell your own versions.)
Bran:  Online... we neither knew how I ended up on his ICQ (yes kids... we are showing our age!) list... he started talking to me, I found out he was in a praise band... we needed a band at 5th Quarter one night... I invited his band to play... he flirted with me all night... sent me flirty messages online that night... we had lunch the next day.... went to church that night... and back to his house for movies... and finally went home well after midnight... never looked back after that :)MIke:  Online, and then at a Jeremy Camp concertDescribe a typical day in your life. (Weekday.)
Bran:  If I'm working lactation... I get up around 7am... eat a bowl of Fruit Loops while playing on computer... take a shower, get ready... leave around 7:30 and head to Indian Path... either stay there and work in lactation or go to whichever hospital I'm working at... leave work around 5pm... go get Avery... head home, take the bros out to potty, fix some supper, watch some TV, play with Avery, go to bed.  
Mike:  Go to work, pick Avery up, come home and cook dinner for B and A

What would you like to do when you retire?
Bran:  Live at the beach!Mike:  magic showsWhat is a talent you wish you were better at?
Bran:  Photo editing
Mike:  Guitar

Describe your other half in 3 words.
Bran:  Affectionate, Goofy, PDA-er
Mike:  Greatest woman ever

How did your other half make you feel loved this past week?
Bran:  I just love coming home and him greeting me with big hugs
Mike:  the first half was, uh "action" packed

What was your biggest hobby as a little kid?
Bran:  Scrapbooking
Mike:  collecting He-Man action figures

What about the world makes you sad?
Bran:  Abortion :(
MIke:  People who truly believe abortion is a choice and not a crime

What about the world makes you happy?
Bran:  So many beautiful things to see
Mike:  Most everything.  Even though people are stupid, the weather sucks, and no one in this area can drive,  life is good.

What is your current favorite song?
Bran:  I am loving "Home" by Phillip Phillips
Mike:  Best Imitation of Myself, Ben Folds Five

If you weren't currently married/dating your other half, where do you think you would you be?
Bran:  I think I would have tried mission works or something.... 
Mike:  Prison... just kidding.  Traveling, doing magic..
What is your favorite outdoor activity?
Bran:  I'm not a big outdoor fan... but I like going to Pumpkin Patches
Mike:  hahaha.  this is funny.  I hate the outdoors, but if I had to chose, swimming.
What was your favorite memory from the wedding celebration/reception? (NOT THE CEREMONY)
Bran:  My Dad listening to the TN game... haha!  And Mike complaining about all the chicken nuggets being gone.Mike:  NO CHICKEN NUGGETS LEFT, ARGH!What are some traditions that you now share together?
Bran:  We always dress up for Halloween :)
Mike:  Cookies after dinner, watching full seasons on Netflix, going to the beach with Brando's parents

What was your favorite thing that you did this summer?
Bran:  Actually... our heat pump and water heater busting... because we remodeled our living room... which I'm in love with
Mike:  Went to the beach with the fam
How would a classmate have described you in high school?
Bran:  Snobby
Mike:  F'n awesome
What was a toy from childhood you never had but coveted?
Bran:  I was pretty spoiled :(
Mike:  wanted more games for my systems
What is your biggest flaw?
Bran:  I'm too serious all. the. time.Mike:  quick to anger

What do you do on your bad days to make you happy?
Bran:  Pray
Mike:  Think
What does your other half do for you on your bad days to make you happy?
Bran:  Lets me take a nap :)Mike:  Not a lot, she usually fusses at me.  Hahahaha.  But she hangs with me, that helps me a lot.

When you go to an event/party/potluck, what food do you hope is there?
Bran:  Dips... I love dips... and nachos
Mike:  So many choices.  But I love hamburgers.
What are your favorite smartphone apps?
Bran:  Instagram
Mike:  Instagram
What is something that always embarrasses you?
Bran:  Mike telling some crazy story about me...
Mike:  Nothing, really
What is some of the best advice your parents have given you?
Bran:  To always love each other
Mike:  Be who you are
Who is your celebrity man crush?
Bran:  I'm not a "crusher"
Mike:  currently Daniel Ratcliffe
If a movie was made about your life, who would you want to play you?
Bran:  Someone plain... and boring, lol
Mike:  Jonah Hill.  Or Jack Black.
What is your favorite candy bar?
Bran:  Snickers
Mike:  Either Zagnut or Snickers with almonds
If you could redo anything about your wedding what would you do differently?
Bran:  I wouldn't have a wedding... I'd get married at the court house... go on an amazing honeymoon... come back, and have a party with friends.
Mike:  have them hide chicken nuggets until I got to the reception.  
What is the greatest Halloween costume you've ever had?
Bran:  The year we dressed as Fred, Wilma, and Pebbles Flintstone
Mike:  Fred Flintstone was pretty boss.What is your favorite type/genre of food?
Bran:  Mexican
Mike:  Southern but chinese/japanese/thai is a close second
What is a sacrifice you've recently made for your better half?
Bran:  Staying up late with Avery to let him go to bed.
Mike:  didn't buy my smoker/grill so I could get her a Macbook Air
What music did you grow up on?
Bran:  Country
Mike:  BTO, GFR, and REO.  hahaha and Travis TrittWhat was your favorite wedding gift?
Bran:  Money cards for Hawaii
Mike:  Money for the honeymoon
Desert island- Only 5 people can be there with you.Who would you want them to be?
Bran:  Avery, Mike, Mom, Dad, and MomMom
Mike:  Brandi, Avery, Joy, Roger, and Meermo
What is your favorite time of day?
Bran:  8ish
Mike:  dinner
Who is someone you look up to and why?
Bran:  Dad... he's such a hard worker
Mike:  My dad... he just gets it

What is your favorite Halloween tradition?
Bran:  Dressing up!
Mike:  Trick or treating
If you were a fruit, what would you be?
Bran:  Strawberry
Mike:  Banana
How are you like your dad and/or how are you like your mom?
Bran:  Dad and I are both pretty serious... Mom and I have a lot of the same personality traits
Mike:  Funny like my dad, wasteful like my mom
What is your favorite classic Disney movie?
Bran:  Beauty and the Beast
Mike:  Alladin
What is your favorite roadtrip snack?
Bran:  Chex Mix!
Mike:  All of them
What is one superficial benefit of being married? (i.e. someone to split chores with, someone to rub your back, etc.)
Bran:  Foot rubs... hands down.
Mike:  Sex
What do you do for a living?
Bran:  I would have used to said help babies be born (OB RN)... but now I do lactation too so now I mess with boobies all day long... haha
Mike:  Restaurant manager
What is something your other half does that took a long time/is taking a long time to get used to?
Bran:  His nose blowing... ugggh!
Mike:  Hog my bed
What do you consider "you song?" (or what was your first dance?)
Bran:  No first dance song... but I love the song "Lucky" by Colbie Collait and Jason Mraz... pretty much sums it it... "I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend..."
Mike:  God Bless the Broken Road


No comments:

Post a Comment